CDS STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
Purpose and Background of award
On behalf of the partnership between CDS, NKBA,BCITO, the Certified Designers Society have established undergraduate scholarships to reward students who show potential in the field and have a genuine need for assistance to continue their journey into the Kitchen Industry in New Zealand. Students may be referred to apply for the scholarship by their employer, or a training advisor from BCITO. Up to 3 scholarships per annum will be offered and can be used for any of the BCITO/NKBA kitchen design courses. The criteria outlined on the application form must be fulfilled in order for a student to be awarded a scholarship.
Nominees / Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a New Zealand citizen or Permanent resident.
- The applicant must be employed by an industry professional.
- The applicant must be either enrolled or in the processing of enrolling with BCITO to undertake a kitchen design qualification.
1st November – 31st May Annually
Approximately $6000 contribution paid towards:
- BCITO Fees to a maximum value of $3000
- Travel and accommodation expenses to attend course (if required) to the value of $1000
- First year of NKBA conference fees
- One entry fee to NKBA awards program
- Complimentary membership to NKBA / CDS for year awarded scholarship
- Complimentary promotional package at the sponsors discretion
BCITO training advisors will issue application forms throughout the year for applications to be received from 1st November through to 31st March on an annual basis Application forms can also be obtained from the NKBA head office, and the Certified Designers Society website The applicant will also be required to submit:
- One page (500 words) summary of reason why they should be awarded the scholarship over their peers
- Supporting imagery or documentation to support the application
- The Applicant must be prepared to attend an interview, or be available to Skype interview
The CDS Scholarships committee As soon as possible after the applications close.
What conditions are attached to the acceptance of this award?
- The award of these scholarships are conditional on the student gaining entry to a BCITO Kitchen Design certificate course.
- The contribution towards fees and other expenses as part of the award will be paid directly to the administering business providing the tuition and or students service. Any short falls must be meet by the recipient at that time.
- These scholarships may not be held in conjunction with any other fees scholarship.
- Recipients will be provided with a CDS mentor during their first year of tuition.
- Except in cases where there are compelling medical reasons or adverse personal circumstances beyond a student’s control, the uptake of scholarships cannot be deferred.
- Deferral and suspension requests must be made in writing to the CDS Scholarships committee.
- Recipients who are awarded this scholarship but do not complete their qualification may be required to pay back the full value of the scholarship received.
- Travel assistance and sponsor promotional packages cannot be cashed in or transfered.
For Guidelines, application form and more information about this scholarship contact:
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making their application as details may change frequently.